In advance of a (hoped for at time of writing) Welsh re-opening of leisure sites and attractions on July 20, the owner of Barry Island Pleasure Park Henry Danter has reassured fans of the park that it will “not be going out of business” and will “keep the show on the road” despite the shortened summer season.
“Coronavirus has knocked this season about, it’s made it very hard and tough for us but we are survivors,” he told local Vlogger The Dudgies last week. “So we’re going to keep this show on the road and it’ll be business as usual as soon as possible – I’m hoping that’ll be no later than the 20th of this month.”
Upon re-opening, Danter said that the park would have slightly fewer rides than its typical summer offering, which he said was a byproduct of lacking concrete operation dates to offer third-party ride owners.
However, that doesn’t mean that Barry won’t have a few new cards up its sleeve – with visitors being able to ride one or two brand new offerings at the park.
“Stanley Reeves, one of the top men in the country, is bringing in Top Buzz, a great thrill ride,” Danter explained. “Take my word for it, you wont forget a ride on that one!”