NOVOMATIC UK, the wholly owned UK subsidiary company of NOVOMATIC AG Austria, has confirmed the completion of the sale of its UK Gaming Technology Group to Inspired Entertainment.
The companies sold comprise:
- Gamestec Leisure Limited – Primarily serving the UK pub sector through the placement of gaming machines on a managed service basis and delivering service support to the bingo and self-service betting terminals sectors.
- Playnation Limited – Serving the UK holiday and leisure industry, including holiday parks, motorway service stations, bowling alleys, airports and independent holiday resorts through revenue share arrangements with operators.
- Astra Games Limited – Gaming machine manufacturer, selling Category B3, C and D gaming machines to pubs, adult gaming centres and bingo halls. The casino division of Astra will be retained by NOVOMATIC along with the market leading B3 and cat C gaming machines designed, developed and produced centrally by NOVOMATIC. These activities will trade within a newco NOVOMATIC Gaming UK Limited, headed up by Managing Director Phil Burke.
- Bell-Fruit Group Limited (“Bell-Fruit”) – Primarily selling Category C machines, both analogue and digital, and exporting machines to key European geographies.
- Harlequin Gaming Limited – Game development studio for Astra and Bell-Fruit.
- Innov8 Gaming Limited – Gaming machine developer supplying Category B3 and C gaming machines both within the NTG and also to external customers.
Harald Neumann (Group CEO NOVOMATIC AG) said “NOVOMATIC UK remains completely committed to the UK gaming market. The decision to re-engineer our UK Group and focus on the business areas where we are market leaders will ensure we are well positioned for profitable growth going forward.”
Zane Mersich (CEO NOVOMATIC UK, pictured) said “The areas of leadership and focus for NOVOMATIC in the UK constitute Gaming Operations (AGCs/FECs) and the sale/support of NOVOMATIC designed product originating in Europe. Going forward we will continue to invest organically and acquire strategic targets, growing our operational business under the Luxury Leisure/Talarius umbrella, as we have been doing so to date. Also, we will significantly strengthen the range of fantastic gaming products we source from our parent company in Austria, for supply to the UK market.”
Zane Mersich also stated “I would personally like to take this opportunity to thank all the expert and loyal staff of NTG for their assistance in developing and growing the NOVOMATIC UK Group and wish them well within Inspired.”